Calling all writers . . .
Editorial that we pay for
Starting with the December 2017 edition we are going to pay for good-quality editorial submissions, not a fortune we realise, but we hope to encourage the writers out there and to acknowledge that it takes time!
However, there are some very particular criteria for these paid submissions. Please consider the following points very carefully.
We are looking for:
- Non-fiction written submissions with a relevance to/or likely to be of interest to, English-speakers living or visiting the Quercy region. This can also include writing about a location for our series of '2 Towns' featuring two locations in each edition. If you are preparing a '2 Town' submission - please email us to so we can watch for duplication.
- Relevant 'fictional' submissions.
- A quality of writing (in English) that does not require any re-writing.
- Submissions that arrive by the appropriate deadlines.
Please note that:
- Submissions should be sent on an emailed word document in a plain font, single line spaced with no indentation, underlining or images on the document.
- Images, if submitted, should be high resolution and copyright free. Images should be attached to an email in a .jpeg/.png format.
- We reserve the right not to use submitted images and/or to replace them with our own.
- Paid submissions must not be direct advertising for businesses or any professional activity and should be footed with only the authors name and location.
- We will only pay for submissions that are printed, submission is no guarantee of publication/payment.
- We will pay for the submission on the date of the publication of the magazine (in some cases submissions may be held over for later editions).
- If we publish your submission then we ask that you do not publish it again, in any medium whatsoever, for a period of 12 months from the publication date.
- We reserve the right to edit submissions.
- Submissions should be between 500 - 2500 words. Longer submissions may be considered subject to available space and/or prior discussion.
- We may also publish paid submissions on our website.
- The Editor's decision remains final.
- Submission of material indicates agreement with these terms.
We will pay 6 euros per 100 words (published). We will contact you with the published word count prior to publication and confirm the amount to be paid. As a-rule-of-thumb a page of 'text-only' is about 800 words. Payment will be paid by bank transfer and a £ equivalent transfer can also be arranged.